The Fix-up Fund is a statewide program that offers affordable, click here for daily low fixed rates home improvement loans.
- Household income at or below $96,600 (the income limit may be waived if the improvements are being made for the accessibility of a family member with a disability).
- Property must be owner-occupied.
- Single family homes, duplexes, triplexes or four-plexes are eligible.
- Hire a contractor or do the work yourself.
- Maximum loan term of 10 or 20 years based on loan amount.
- Loan amounts from $2,000 to $35,000.
- A higher loan amount may be available if the improvementsÂ are being made for the accessibility of a family member with a disability.
Eligible Home Improvements with the Fix-up Fund
Most improvements to the accessibility or energy efficiency of a home, or general repairs are eligible, such as:
- new furnace
- central air conditioning
- electrical wiring
- new roof
- septic repairs
In addition to energy-saving upgrades, homeowners may also finance renewable energy improvements. These include solar thermal, solar electric and wind turbines/generators.
Swimming pools, hot tubs, gazebos and other recreational or entertainment facilities. Mobile homes are not eligible to receive Fix-up Fund financing unless they are fixed on a permanent foundation and taxed and financed as real property.